Saturday, January 26, 2013

Day 2 or...What Have I Done?

Here's the new plan...barefoot running twice a week and regular running three times a week.  The reality may look quite different as I move along...but I'm optimistic.  I'm also laughing at myself as I write this, because I always start new workout routines with good intentions and enthusiasm.  In theory, I'll be working in some ab classes too, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.


I'm actually sort of curious about my weight, I'm at my goal weight and have been for a while.  In theory, I should lose a couple of pounds as I burn more calories, but I know I am going to be ridiculously hungry once I really get into this running routine.  That means I'll need portable snacks that meet my clean eating philosophy.  May have to do some research on that, because I don't think my favorite cheat treat - a McDonald's soft serve ice cream (without the cone) - is going to do the trick here.  A quick Google search turns up a few recipes that seem suspiciously high in calories...dates are essentially natural candy, people!  I'll revisit this topic later if I find something worth sharing.  For now, I'm putting one foot in front of the other and I'm on track for the Half.

Half Marathon Training Progress Report - 
  • .25 mile walk
  • 1 mile run (10 min pace)
  • .25 mile walk
Total Distance - 1.5 miles
Total Time - 19'17"

No comments:

Post a Comment