Sunday, January 6, 2013

Three Times This Week

Well since my last post anyway...about a week.  Nothing new to report, which is a good thing.  Easy runs, no post run issues in my calves, arches or achilles tendons.  Not feeling a post run tightness, which tells me I'm not challenging myself at all, but I'm still conditioning...sigh...so that's OK.  

Some of the issues I had last summer are mentioned in this Huffington Post article. Although I don't think I was running long enough to get tired and transition back to a heel strike, I do know that during the walking phases, I was hitting heel first, which without any padding naturally led to strain.

The lady in this picture was featured in a San Francisco Gate article last month...she's 61!  If she can be a barefoot runner...

Image Source: SFGate.com

Progress Report -
  • .25 mile walk
  • .5 mile run
  • .75 mile walk
Total Distance - 1.5 miles
Total Time - about 22'50


No comments:

Post a Comment