Monday, June 3, 2013

Still Running, Just Not Posting!

A couple of Half Marathon pics courtesy of my friend, Janice.  The head wrap was a last minute addition to my run gear.  Probably won't make that mistake again...but it did stay on and controlled my desperately-trying-to-revert-back-to-curly hair (due to the early morning drizzle).

Looking so serious...                                              Happy to be done!

Just ran my first 10K on June 1st (Sat)...that one turned out to be closer to 6 miles even due to a race snafu that shortened the course by .2 or .25...  But, my trusty Garmin says I ran 6 miles, and my official race pace was 9:37 per mile. VERY happy with that.  Even  happier that I didn't run it in the brace (cleared that with my foot doc first!)

Here's a picture of the bling I received at the end of the race...not as substantial as the Half Marathon medal, but a little more daily wear friendly.


Have also incorporated 1 mile of barefoot style running in all my training runs since the Half.  Feeling some familiar aches, so stretching and icing and massaging, and staying at 1 mile...for the moment...

My next scheduled race is a Half in Sept, pretty sure I'll have to find another before that. And I plan to work on my speed, and work on increasing my barefoot running distance, and find a good running skirt...and... and ...the list goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment