Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday's German Blues


Image Source:  Wikipedia

I don't mind traveling, but I do mind rushing through airports and having my flight cancelled, I also mind rushing through airports to be one of the last to board my plane and sitting there for an hour.  I also mind arriving in a foreign country without my luggage.  Yes, it was one of THOSE trips.  The good news is I got here (as did my luggage about 6 hours later).

I left on Saturday, arrived on Sunday and went to work on Monday.  I did get a good night's sleep on Sun, so worked out Monday evening...at least I tried to.  If you had asked me, I would have denied being jet lagged, but apparently my body knows better than I do.  It was a low energy run and I had to break it up, not "opted" to break it up, I had to or I just was going to quit.  I imagine almost 24 hrs of travel and less than optimal food choices also added to the sense of not having enough gas in my tank.

The good news is the weather is in the low 70s here and the sun was out, so I ran outside!  The bad news is I had no clue about the area or the distance, so I was reduced to running around the block and switching up based on time.  But the best news is that I got out and did something...

Progress Report -
  • Walk 10 mins (approx. .5 mile)
  • Run 10 mins (approx. 1 mile)
  • Walk 5 mins (approx. .25 mile)
  • Run 7 mins (approx .75 mile)
  • Walk 5 mins (approx. .25 mile)
  • Run 5 mins (approx. .5 mile)
  • Walk 5 mins (approx. .25 mile)
Total mileage about 3.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment