Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Hellllooooo????



Yes, I'm still here and I'm still running!  These last ten days have been interesting, incredibly busy, fun, nostalgic (my son is leaving for college all too soon), stormy and flippin' hot!

I have been doing various Run/Walk/Run combos (rarely back to back) - anywhere from .5 mile to 2 mile runs for total distances of anywhere from 3 to 4 miles.  The bad news is it has been all treadmill.  The great news is that my feet don't mind at all.  No returning twinge!  My calves don't mind either.  Although from time to time that tendon that goes down the back of my heel to my foot has been weirdly tight in the mornings, but normal walking around takes care of it.

Distance wise, I'm not where I planned to be at this point in the game.  I should be doing a solid 2.5 miles for the main run.  I'm still a little gun shy about adding distance, so have just kept it comfortable. I have about 12 weeks until my 10k, so I should be fine.

Progress Report Today's run was another treadmill run. The warm up was .5 miles, followed by 1.5 mile run, .5 walk, .5 run, .5 walk.  Since I was on the treadmill, my pace was steady (#6 on my NordicTrack) at a 10 min mile.  Nothing unusual to report, which is a good thing.
  • 1.5 miles - 15'00 mins (10'00 min pace)
  • .5 mile - 5'00 mins (same pace)
Total Mileage - 3.5 miles

P.S.  I don't think I've made this clear before, but I do other things besides run!  Light weight training, hula hooping (don't laugh!), stairs, and I just started a push up/sit up challenge following the example of Monica, a local VA woman on Facebook.  You can find her at https://www.facebook.com/MonicasFitnessChallenges.  Like her page and you'll get motivation and inspiration in return.  Sorry, no free gifts, but really what is better than motivation to get your butt in gear???

P.P.S.  Happy Independence Day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment