Saturday, November 24, 2012

Saturday and Sneakers

I have to say...my energy has been over the top for the past few weeks...healthy eating, brisk weather, and new relationship - all a very good combo.  I highly recommend it, but it makes it very hard to keep on a slow training plan. Woke up, put on my sneakers (with socks this time), turned up the music and...walked on the treadmill.  Sigh...

Same routine:  Quarter mile walk; quarter mile run; mile walk.  I picked up the pace on the last walk, but not too much, because I want to avoid striking too hard on my heels.

On a high energy day, knowing full well this is not an actual "work out" it was so hard to restrict my run to the quarter mile...we're talking just a couple of minutes! Ridiculous!  In fact I'm going to stop calling these workouts, I'm going to call this phase "Conditioning" and see if that helps.  I really want to get back to this...


This shows not just the feeling, but the mechanics of a good run.  Check out the woman's upright posture.  She's coming down on her mid-foot and is wearing a much better looking version of the Brooks Pure Connect shoe.  Is it possible to envy a picture?  I definitely do right now, but taking it slow seems to be my mantra these days, and I'll do my best to stick to it.  Wish me luck!

Progress Report -
  • Walk .25 mile 
  • Run .25 mile
  • Walk 1 mile
Total Distance - 1.5 miles
Total Time - 24'42"


No comments:

Post a Comment