Monday, April 29, 2013

Rockstar 8K

Okay, I have been avoiding blogging because I'm injured and am off my training schedule...way off.  My Half is in 3 weeks and I'm more than a little nervous.

Results of my Doc appt - tendonitis (as expected) and, if that wasn't enough, shin splints.
  • Good news - The Doc didn't tell me to change my shoes or quit training
  • Bad news - Wearing an ugly ankle brace and not allowed to run hills
  • Worse news - The Half is a hilly race with a pretty major hill toward the end
  • Good news - Cutting back on running seems to have helped
  • Bad news - I've been off my program for three weeks and my longest continuous run, as of today, is 6 miles...
  • Good news - After the race I won a 60-min massage!
  • Best news - This felt like an easy run

Half Marathon Training Progress Report (a week ago Tues) -
  • 3 mile run/walking all hills (11:20 pace)
Total Distance - 3 miles
Total Time - 34:03

Half Marathon Training Progress Report (Yesterday)
  • 5 mile run (10:51 avg pace)
Total Distance - 5 miles
Total Time - 54:23


No comments:

Post a Comment