Okay, I have been avoiding blogging because I'm injured and am off my training schedule...way off. My Half is in 3 weeks and I'm more than a little nervous.
Results of my Doc appt - tendonitis (as expected) and, if that wasn't enough, shin splints.
- Good news - The Doc didn't tell me to change my shoes or quit training
- Bad news - Wearing an ugly ankle brace and not allowed to run hills
- Worse news - The Half is a hilly race with a pretty major hill toward the end
- Good news - Cutting back on running seems to have helped
- Bad news - I've been off my program for three weeks and my longest continuous run, as of today, is 6 miles...
- Good news - After the race I won a 60-min massage!
- Best news - This felt like an easy run
Half Marathon Training Progress Report (a week ago Tues) -
- 3 mile run/walking all hills (11:20 pace)
Total Distance - 3 miles
Total Time - 34:03
Half Marathon Training Progress Report (Yesterday) -
- 5 mile run (10:51 avg pace)
Total Distance - 5 miles
Total Time - 54:23