Friday, June 22, 2012

Quick Update

Wed was a Rest Day, no foot issues still.  Yesterday was a million degrees outside (give or take), so fired up the treadmill and away I went.  I'm not convinced that it's a good work out, the belt propels your feet forward, but in real running, your feet propel your body forward.  I will never be convinced they are comparable.  But the treadmill is a really good time to work on form, so I did just that.

My half mile warm up walk, was followed by a 1.5 mile run and a 1 mile cool down walk. All in all, I have to say a good minimalist running session.  No sore toe spot (I'm pretty sure the toe "pocket" was twisted the other day), no sore foot spot (so very happy about that), and no uneven calf tightness, which was a problem in one or two of my earlier treadmill runs last month.  And most important of all, I didn't go shooting off the back of the treadmill and break myself.  Yup, a good day.  Today is a Rest Day, because...well, it's Friday!

  • 1.5 miles - 15'00 (10'00 pace)
Total Mileage - 3.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment