Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Please Have Nice Weather, Please Have Nice Weather

Ran minimalist style today.  Tomorrow's run is 3 miles...but soooo nervous about my long run on Saturday!

It's my first 4 mile run and I really, really, REALLY want to do it at Burke Lake, because that's another of my Half training milestones.  With a quarter mile warm up and cool down, that distance should be exactly one circuit around the lake.  I have my new Garmin Forerunner 110 GPS watch to test out...AND my guy will be running with me to keep me motivated.  I'm so excited I can barely stand it!
Yes, that's really what it looks like on a beautiful day...thanks so much to MySoCalledKnife.com for this picture.  There's a couple more on his blog, if you click on the link.

On a different note, yesterday was the first day I've really dealt with calf soreness since I started this training plan.  Monday's run was only 2 miles, none of it barefoot style, so not sure what's going on there.  Maybe it's just the steady increase in weekly mileage.

I'm still doing my Doc recommended calf and Achilles tendon stretches.  Well...most mornings, but this today's stiffness convinced me to put off my run until after work.  Easy run, my legs feel fine as I'm writing this, but will definitely be stretching tomorrow!

Barefoot Progress Report -
  • .25 mile walk
  • 1 mile run (10'00" pace)
  • .25 mile walk
Total Distance - 1.5 miles
Total Time - 19'20"

No comments:

Post a Comment