Thursday, February 28, 2013

Today Was A Good Day

From the moment I woke up, I have been in unusually good spirits.  Slow traffic did nothing to dampen my mood.  I made significant progress on projects at work, to include preparing for a "battle" that is likely to be won. Had a great run and made a tasty dinner...turkey breast, spicy kale, and garlic and thyme butternut squash. Thumbs up on dinner from my daughter, which is always nice.

I mentioned in a previous post that running was going to make me hungry, and in order to make my life easier, I was going to have to find some portable snacks that fit with my clean eating philosophy.  Well, I did.  I don't normally shop at Safeway, but was in there looking for lamb when I discovered Safeway Selects Trail Mix.  Score!  They don't all work for me, but the two that did Ginger Zinger (almonds, hazelnuts, dried blueberries, dried cranberries, walnuts, dried cherries, ginger, sea salt and sugar) and Autumn Orchard Delight (almonds, dried cranberries, pistachios, raisins, dried cherries and sea salt) are fantastic!
Image Source:  Fooducate.com

The Zinger version is 140 cals per 1/4 cup.  The Autumn Orchard is 130 cals per 1/4 cup. Believe it or not, because they are so full of vitamins, good fat and fiber, that little bit easily tides me over until lunch.  Plus they both have just enough sweetness to be a great after meal snack.

Throw a small banana in there for a second high potassium and yummy snack and there is no need for candy bars or donuts or anything else being pushed by friendly co-workers. Looks like I'll be good to go for a while.

Half Marathon Training Progress Report -
  • .25 mile walk
  • 3 mile run
  • .25 mile walk
Total Distance - 3.5 miles
Total Time - 39'20"

No comments:

Post a Comment