Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Basketball Wives Workout

I got up to work out again this a.m.  Instead of music, I encountered reality TV...  There's so much that could be said about the lack of class, or the playing up of the drama, or the way every single sentence contains choice words.  Who wants to watch the story of grown women who think that threatening to beat each other is a form of conflict resolution?  I have to say, I just found the whole thing sad, and am wondering if this is the modern day equivalent of the gladiator games before the Roman Empire began to die from within....ugh...too early for this.

Image Source:  Polygon.com

So, I resolved to stick with the positive thinking and just be thankful for the many, many blessings and gifts I have in my life...Two wonderful, healthy, intelligent, loving teenagers, a relationship with a great guy, my health (no meds/conditions/issues and I'm about to turn 45!), a secure job that I enjoy for the work I do and the people with whom I work.  And...the ability to run or walk or dance or Zumba (I don't, but it looks fun) whenever the mood strikes me.  And I thank God for those gifts every day.

Today's conditioning program was the same as it has been for a couple of weeks now: stretch, walk/run/walk.  My calves were a little tight this a.m., but I attribute that to a day in higher than normal boots, still, I took time with my stretching.

Progress Report -
  • Walk .25 mile
  • Run .25 mile
  • Walk 1 mile
Total Distance - 1.5 miles
Total Time - 24'43

Disclaimer/Final Thought - I know reality TV is semi-scripted to bring out the worst in people, but what does it say about our society that there are so many reality shows and they have enough viewers to keep them on the air???  Sigh...

4 comments:

  1. 74 entries and one follower. This has got to be the most boring blog I have ever come across. You sound like a great grandma or something. So boooooooorrrriiiiiinnnnng

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Blog week yet! My first follower AND my first hater....

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2nd hater. Totally agree with the first. I just typed in boring in google and was sent here?! wtf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear hater - Thank you for your comment, every one helps. If you're interested (hahahaaa...) you can read today's post which you inspired.

    ReplyDelete