Saturday, March 2, 2013

C-c-c-c-cold!

One week out from my first race and I finally get an outdoor run under my belt.  Around a wind swept lake, in 32-degree weather...while it was snowing!

Image Source:  Hot at Home article

OK, it wasn't snowing that hard, but still, it was actually snowing at the beginning of our run.

I am proud that I did the run around Burke Lake, but not as happy with my pace.  I averaged about 10'48" per mile.  I knew it was going to be slower than my treadmill time.  The running surface is different - dirt, gravel, and pavement at various points, there are small hills and gradual inclines/declines, and wind.  All of which would naturally add to my time. However, I didn't realize I would feel the need to walk (no more than a minute) a few times....arrrggghhhhh.

Regardless, it's done.  I feel good and I have a better sense of what to expect for next week's race.

Half Marathon Training Progress Report (From Thursday) -
  • .25 mile walk
  • 3 mile run (10'00" pace)
  • .25 mile walk
Total Distance - 3.5 miles
Total Time - 39'20"

Half Marathon Training Progress Report (Today) -
  • .25 mile walk
  • 4 mile run (10'48" pace)
  • .25 mile walk
Total Distance - 4.5 miles
Total Time - 51'57

No comments:

Post a Comment