Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Good Runs Make Everything Better

Work today was a challenge.  But all the irritation faded away as soon as I began to run.  Just ahhhhhhhh....melted away...and that, more than anything else, is the point of running.

I started training about sixteen weeks ago and now I am counting down to the Half! Twelve days to go, although this is not nearly as momentous as counting down the the end of the world, it is still exhilarating!

Image Source:  AnguishedRepose.com

Yesterday I went to knock out 3 miles with my running club.  I started at a comfortable pace (10:30 pace) and ran the hills (had walked the last couple of times per doc's orders). Miles 2 and 3 were just under 11 mins, but was taking it easy and chatting with my running mates.  The hills felt effortless and I added an extra mile at the end...faster than usual (9:35 pace).  The best part is I really wasn't pushing, it felt great!

Every run like this makes me feel like the Half is going to be cake.  It won't be, but I feel like it will and that mental readiness is essential to this run.

Half Marathon Training Progress Report (Tues) -
  • 4 mile run (10:26 pace)
    • About half a mile done barefoot style
    • Last mile faster than normal
  • 2 min walk
Total Distance - 4.06 miles
    Total Time - 44:22

    No comments:

    Post a Comment