Saturday, May 11, 2013

Half Marathon Attire

What does one wear to run a half marathon?  I'm a week out and I still haven't decided.  In theory, I'm supposed to have worked that out by the time I started my long runs...but sort of got off the training schedule after 8 miles.  Stupid tendons...

There are some obvious necessities - a sports bra, socks and sneakers, and I do have all of those picked out.  But as I peruse other runner's photos, looks like I have a pretty wide variety of options (all found on Google Images and not copyrighted as far as I can tell!).

1) Tinkerbell















2) A breast...hmmm, not the look I'm going for...
3)  Red Solo Cup

None of these look particularly aerodynamic...or even comfy for that matter.  I'll have to go with something more traditional.

New running shorts and a cute top...and maybe a hat, and...and...and..!  Yup, this is my favorite part of a new work out challenge, finding the right look.  Sad, but true.

Despite my pending fashion decisions, I manage to get in my last long(ish) run for this race.  And it was good.  Six comfortable miles at a pace I like, no effort to finish at all.

Next week will be a couple of 2 or 3 milers...and then RACE DAY!!!!!  Wish me luck!

Half Marathon Training Progress Report -
  • 6 mile run (10:37 pace)
    • .5 mile barefoot style
  • .25 mile walk
Total Distance - 6.25 miles
Total Time - 1:08:43

No comments:

Post a Comment