Friday, August 10, 2012

Getting Old(er) Stinks

I ran outside today, which is great!  I suspect I might have a problem in addition to my foot twinge, which is not great.  The backs of my heels hurt in the morning, but it gets better after I walk for a while.  The actual bottom of my heel doesn't hurt on either foot, and it isn't centered on the back of my heel either.  Well beyond my limited diagnostic expertise, so I think I'll have to make an appointment.


I've never experienced this in traditional running shoes, but some of the reading I've been doing indicates that it may be an issue for new barefoot runners because of all the work the arches are doing.

Despite that, I had a decent run today - No calf pain, the weather was nice, and I felt great aerobically. Walk/Run/Walk as usual, and the heel pain went away during the first run...but as I type this...it's back.  No foot twinge during the run, but it's feeling a little tender now. {Big sigh}

Progress Report
  • Walk .25 mile
  • Run .75 mile
  • Walk .25
  • Run .5 mile
  • Walk .25 mile
  • Run .5 mile
  • Walk .25
  • Run .25
  • Walk 1 mile
Total mileage - 4 miles (I lost track of the split times, but the whole circuit took 1 hour 1 min and 7 secs)

No comments:

Post a Comment