Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Several Rest Days Later

I did not run Tuesday as planned.  Part of it was a hectic schedule....early doctor's appointment, work, trip to the vet, grocery shop, cook dinner, and cleaning up my house which had gotten away from me with recent trip packing frenzies.  But the larger part was...the dreaded foot twinge.  I had deliberately rested because of a new twinge.  That one went away, but my old nemesis, the twinge on the the outside (right) of my right foot was back.

The twinge is not as painful as it has been in the past, it was just "there," and not constantly, but definitely on the radar.  So, what do I do today?  Not sure yet, will wait until I get home to see.  I was happy to read a post by Naomi in her The Tao of Me blog that addressed the issue of whether or not to push with an injury (and whether or not the lack of pushing was just being lazy).  Her physical therapist essentially said, no pushing until you are injury free.

I only have two more months until my 10k, but am not going to get there if I'm injured.  I will let my foot decide what to do tonight.  I sure hope it feels like running....

No comments:

Post a Comment