Tuesday, August 14, 2012

To Run or Not To Run...

I feel fine, just a slight shadow of the old twinge in my right foot and no heel troubles.  So, my body is telling me to go for it, right?  Maybe...

I decided to walk, and here's the dramatic part - in my running shoes {gasp!}  I really think running would be foolish at this point, so, I decided to walk for a couple miles instead.  But here's the thing, minimalist Vibrams are designed for running and walking is still a heel strike activity.  Maybe part of my issue is that I don't have enough padding for the walking portion of my run/walk/runs.  Sounds logical, but feels like slacking...


Actually the walk was pretty brisk and my feet felt fine, so this may do for another couple of days.  Still have to make that podiatrist appointment.

Progress Report -
  • Walk - 2 miles in 31 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment