Friday, June 8, 2012

Mix It Up A Little

Yesterday should have been a run day, but I just didn't feel like it. Sometimes that happens and it's OK.  After all, I'm not on a Track team and I'm not getting paid to run, so there's no reason to beat myself up about it.  Being rigid about a schedule is not a good reason to run.  You should know why you're running and that will help keep you motivated.  I do it so I can eat ice cream without getting fat (in fact, I'm eating some as I type), so I can stay healthy and strong, and so I can be a good role model for my kids...and so I can eat ice cream, did I mention that already?

Image Source:  Running 4 the Reason blog

Progress Report - After two Rest Days (both days in flats), my twingey foot felt pretty good.  Even though I worked late today, the weather was nice so I got outside right away.  I alternated walking and running for 3 miles (a 1/2 mile at a time), then finished with a 1/2 mile cool down.  Why alternating?  Just to change it up and see what happens.  I have discovered that I walk a 1/2 mile in 10 mins pretty consistently.  I discovered I run at a quicker pace when people are around...especially when I have to pass them.  I discovered that a little extra effort can take off a good chunk of time.  My first 1/2 mile run was slow, the second 1/2 mile was a little faster, and the third 1/2 mile was...exactly the same. Meaning?  I may have some speed drills in my future...ugh...
  • 0.5 mile - 5'44 (11'28 per mile pace)
  • 0.5 mile - 5'21 (10'42 per mile pace)
  • 0.5 mile - 5'21
Total Mileage - 3 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment