Thursday, March 21, 2013

Today Was A Good Day

No particular reason...a couple of meetings at work, but they went well.  Lunch out of the office (a rarity) to get caught up with a friend.  A productive, but not insanely busy afternoon...broken up by the occasional text from my lovely daughter and my favorite guy.  Crossed some things off my To Do List, treated myself to some Skittles (definitely not part of my clean eating regimen).  Can't quite put my finger on it, but it all worked.

Was curious (read: hesitant) about today's 4 mile run.  It was too cold and windy to think about doing it outside...so down to the basement I went, and I began to run.  And it was good.  Not my fastest or my farthest run in this training cycle, but just good.  It was my first 4-miler with no stops.  I did have have to slow down a bit during mile 3, but ended with my usual 10 min/mile pace.
Image Source:  Nurse On The Run blog

Now I'm sitting on my couch, with Rex the Wonder Dog curled up by my feet and all I can come up with is...life is good...

Half Marathon Training Progress Report -
  • .25 mile walk
  • 4 mile run (10:20 pace)
    • 1 mile barefoot run
  • .25 mile walk
Total Distance - 4.5 miles
Total Time - 50:33


No comments:

Post a Comment