Sunday, March 31, 2013

Danger - Social Butterflying and Half Training Do Not Mix!

It has been almost a week since my last post, because well, I've been out and about enjoying the company of friends. Doesn't sound like a bad thing, right?  In a completely unrelated set of circumstances, I missed one of my runs this week and did my long run today, instead of Saturday.

Image Source:  BBC.co.uk

OK, maybe the two issues were related...missing my 5 mile midweek run didn't seem so bad until I tried to run today.  The result was 7 ugly miles at a slower than I want to think about pace...that had a lot to do with 60-90 sec walk breaks starting after mile 3.  Yes, I know I can run 4 and even 6 miles without stopping.  Yes, aerobically it was fine.  The sad truth is my legs were dead today, which I attribute to the skipped run.  Not sure if that really makes sense, but that's how it felt.

On the good news side of things, the run was completely outdoors!  Varying terrain and mixed running surfaces and wind, so it was a much better training day than any day on the treadmill.

Also ran into a numb foot issue again, primarily with my left foot.  Will try lacing a little differently for the next run...more on that later.

Half Marathon Training Progress Report (Tues) -
Note - Run Club day, with GPS operator error...
  • Ran about 3 miles
Total Distance - about 3 miles
Total Time - about 32 mins

Barefoot Progress Report (Thurs) -
  • .25 mile walk
  • 1 mile run (10:00 pace)
  • .25 mile walk
Total Distance - 1.5 miles
Total Time - 19:17

Half Marathon Training Progress Report (Today) - 
  • 5 min walk
  • 7 mile run (12:04 pace)
  • .5 mile walk
Total Distance - about 7.75 miles
Total Run Time - 1:24:29
Total Time - 1:38:48

No comments:

Post a Comment