Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Little More About Me

I ran cross country in high school...freshman year.  I joined the Air Force after graduation which required a fitness test with a 1.5 mile run...once a year.  I went to a college that required me to participate in a variety of sports and run 600 meters...once a semester.  Back to the Air Force running that 1.5 mile once a year. Since 2004 my civilian job requires me to run 1.5 miles...twice a year.

I was always healthy, fit and reasonably fast, but not setting any records.  Sprinkle in periods of regular running, the occasional 5k race, and the dream to run a marathon that made it all the way to the 8 mile mark, and you have a pretty good understanding of my running history.

Don't get me wrong, I like running, when I'm fit, and it's a great way to stay slim, but it has never been a passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment