Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Progress Report

This morning there was no calf tightness at all.  So, wondering why the right was significantly tighter after Monday's treadmill run, I decided to see if I could replicate the problem.  I strapped on some protective gear and bravely stepped on to my treadmill...minus the hockey skates of course!


Monday, I just launched into my run, today I followed my outdoor running pattern. I stretched, did a 1 mile walking warm up with a 1/2 mile run.  But, also added the 1/4 mile walk and 1/4 mile run, that I did on Monday. Finished off with my normal 1/2 mile walking cool down.
  • 0.5 mile - 5'20
  • 0.25 mile - 2'38
Total Mileage - 2.5 miles

Was trying to concentrate on form during the run, noticed that I am walking "lighter" now too...hitting sort of on the outer ball of my foot and the heel about the same time.

Nothing to do now, but wait and see what my calves tell me later on.

Disclaimer - I am not Manon Rheaume nor do I play hockey, but her foundation is worth checking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment