Saturday, May 19, 2012

Gorgeous Day!

There is nothing like a morning run when the weather and season are perfect.  Today was one of those days...sunny, but in the 60's, very slight breeze, leafy green trees arching over the trail, and just me (and some squirrels, a bunny and my ugly shoes)...life is good.  No stiffness in my calves, feet, toes, and a beautiful run, what more do you really need?

Image Source:  The Tao of Me - an inspirational blog by a woman who was 40 lbs overweight and then transformed herself into a marathoner!  She's not doing it barefoot, but it's a good read just the same.

Progress Report - Walked a warm up mile with Rex the Wonder Dog.  Ran 1/2 mile, walked 1/4 mile, ran 1/4 mile and cooled down with a mile walk.  No calf complaints at all during the run.  Aerobically, today was more difficult than the treadmill runs I've been doing this week (remember I haven't been running regularly in over a year), but that just reaffirms my preference for outdoor running.
  • 0.5 mile - 5'00
  • 0.25 mile - 2'28
Total Mileage - 3 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment