Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I Did Not Want to Run Today

Which is exactly why I started this blog.  I'm hoping this pressure of publicly working toward a goal will help keep me on track (pun intended).  It worked today in spite of a headache and being tired from staying up late (catching up with an old friend).

I did learn something new, Vibram KSOs are slippery.  Keep that in mind if you decide to run on wet surfaces to avoid any of this:

Image Source:  The Daily Blender

After stretching my slightly sore calves and then the rest of my legs, I did this week's routine of 1 mile walking Reximus Maximus (all 25 lbs of him), followed by a 1 mile run, and 1 mile walking cool down.  My calves stayed noticeably tight for the first 1/2 mile which I reached at 5'38.  But by the second leg they were comfortably warm.  All in all, this three mile routine took about an hour.  I know my mile time is still nothing to brag about...but as the blog title says, we're taking baby steps.
  • 1 mile - 11'30
Total Mileage - 3 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment