Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Barefoot Running Form Part II


After watching a bunch of barefoot running videos on YouTube, I settled on this as the most helpful.  Although it pushes a particular shoe toward the end, there's some good footage (yeah, I know...) of proper form and some drills to help develop that.

True story alert:  I have had shin splints twice in my life.  First time - after running many, many miles in combat boots over the course of three weeks during summer training.  Second time - during one of my recreational running phases, after getting my gait professionally analyzed and buying the very expensive shoes recommended to "correct" my running problems.  The combat boots were heavy soled and stiff, but my prescription running shoes were relatively lightweight and flexible.

Based on this very scientific study, I have concluded that there might be something in letting the foot do what it is designed to do.  I'll have a better idea if that is true or not as I get closer to my 10k race in October.  

No comments:

Post a Comment