Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Why Vibram Five Fingers KSO?

As I tried to research which toe shoe would be best, the only comparative rating list I could find was here at Top 10 Best Toe Shoes.  Be warned this is a shopping site, but despite individual reviews on various sites, I couldn't find a good side by side comparison.  My general research shows that Vibram clearly corners the market.  There are other brands, but none with their variety yet.

So, my daughter and I went to our local REI and we both tried on KSOs, Bikilas, and Sprints.  I struggled into each pair of shoes (still wearing my Sunday Go To Church dress), then walked and hopped around in each pair and settled on the KSOs, strictly for the way they felt on my toes.  I imagine that will be pretty important as I add on the miles.  My daughter (also in her church clothes) did the same and preferred the Bikila style and fit.


I recommend you check out Jmobia's Blog for a review on KSO's after using them for a year.  Found this photo there too, so if there's any copyright infringement my defense will have to be "Sorry Judge, everyone else was doing it."  I'll let you know how that goes...

This is probably a good time to mention that I am not being compensated in any way by any company.  You will read only my own unvarnished thoughts and experiences as I make my way toward October's 10k race.

No comments:

Post a Comment