Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Random Facts

KSO (the model of Vibrams I wear) stands for Keep Stuff Out.  If you look at the "Classic" model to the left you'll understand why they made the distinction.

Image Source:  Official Vibram website

Wearing Flip Flops does NOT count as barefoot or minimalist walking, according to biomechanist Katy Bowman, (last referenced in my Week Feet? post), because you grip with your toes to keep the flip flops on, which is not how you walk naturally.

Kathrine Switzer was the first woman to run in the Boston Marathon in 1967 (and race officials tried to forcibly remove her!), but the race was not officially open to women until 1972.

Progress Report - Today my foot was still twingey (if nothing else I will have a long list of made up words by the end of this blogging journey).  The good news is my calves felt great!  I wore flats to work, hoping to run today, but by the time I got home, I decided not to force the issue.  Instead I stretched and walked barefoot (completely) for three miles on the treadmill.  I wasn't really tuned in to my body because I was watching TV at the same time, but right now my foot feels no worse off than when I started.

Total Mileage - 3 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment