Friday, May 11, 2012

TMTS

You will find this acronym sprinkled throughout blogs and articles on minimalist or "barefoot" running.  Too Much Too Soon.  This is a common problem when making the transition.  You know what you can easily do with normal running shoes, but it doesn't matter if that is up and down the driveway or a marathon.  You have to hold back...for weeks...depending on the source, that's somewhere from 3 - 12.

Keeping that in mind, today is my complete Rest Day.  No 100-Ups, no posture drills (see videos posted on May 8th and 9th for examples of both), in fact, I'm not even putting the shoes on.

As for my calves, sore again this morning, but in a good, this-is-what-it-feels-like-to-start-running-again kind of way.  I could definitely be over thinking this, but it seems that the tightness goes higher than I ever remember, above the main meat of the calf, close to the outside of the knee.  In the upper white area on the graphic below:

Image Source:  My Health website

Disclaimer 1 - If I don't source a photo or graphic, it came from Google Images or I took it myself.

Disclaimer 2 - The decision to rest today shows good judgment, but probably has more to do with the fact that I'm headed out tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment