Wednesday, May 9, 2012

But I Wanna RUN!!!

So today was a day of what I'll call "pleasant tightness" in my calf muscles.  My legs knew I did something yesterday, but had no complaints.  I really, really, really wanted to hit the trail by my house! Unfortunately, everything I've read says this is not a good idea.  So, today's conditioning was one set of 100-Ups (see NYT video posted yesterday under "Shout Outs") and a 45 min walk on my treadmill (it was raining all evening).  Not particularly satisfying, but I'll consider it breaking in my new minimalist toe shoes...sigh...

I found a couple of other beginner resources, both of which cautioned against over exuberance.  They are Barefoot Running Reviews and Zen Habits, the second is a little more into the barefoot lifestyle...being one with the earth and all that.  Not exactly my cup of tea, but worth a look.

Disclaimer - I am neither 6 yrs old nor Asian, but couldn't resist the cute pout.

No comments:

Post a Comment